Saturday, August 4, 2012

Some Clarifications


I think my last blog may have caused a little bit of confusion and I need to clear some things up.

I do not need to diet because I eat unhealthy food.

I am not going to be doing anything fad-ish

The recipes I am going to be posting for the next couple weeks are not different from the way I like to cook.

My diet is simply this: No sweets for 30 days. It’s the way some people live their lives every day. It’s just a little break because I’ve been a little over excited by honey recently.

 

Now onto using whole, natural foods:

I think eating whole and natural foods is hugely important. In every recipe on this blog, I use white whole wheat flour or whole wheat pastry. I use turbinado or another form of raw sugar unless I specify white or powdered.
 

I will be updating the posts this week to specify these details (even though any recipe calling for just flour will work very well with plain unbleached all-purpose flour)

I am very sorry that I did not go into these details earlier on (2 months’ notice may have been nice, I know)but I think this is all part of the balanced approach to life that Sunday Sweeties promoted. Occasional indulgence, making pastries and gooey treats is healthy. It prevents you from feeling deprived and going crazy, it’s creative and artistic, and fun. You can make it healthier if you use whole grains, more natural sweeteners, and fats whose origins are easy to understand (where the heck does shortening come from?)



I hope everything’s been clarified for you, I hope you’re not too confused about recipe formulation, and will revisit the edited recipes.



Have a fun, healthy weekend, and I will see you on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment