Thursday, July 19, 2012

Classic Hummus with No Added Oil

Hey all! So, if you've been following me on twitter you probable have figured out that the reason I haven't posted in FOREVER is because I was on vacation. Now, I'm on a diet. I will get back to posting sweet and savory recipes this week (2 per week, promise) starting.....NOW! Here's a healthy hummus recipe for you all.



Classic Hummus with No Added Oil:
3 cups warm chickpeas
1/4 cup almond milk
1 Tbs tahini
3 cloves of garlic (crushed)
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2-1 tsp cumin
1/2-1 tsp cayenne pepper
Salt to taste

Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until a smooth (or chunky, if you prefer) paste forms. If you need to thin it out, or are making this in a blender add up to 1/2 cup of slightly warm water.

No comments:

Post a Comment